Image Map

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

We're Rocking in Our Kindergarten Shoes!

We have had almost 2 full weeks of kindergarten.. and woah what a start! I have 25 kiddos who are all very different, as they all always are, right? It has definitely been an adventure so far in my room! Although sometimes it has been a little bit crazy, we are definitely making some progress and I really have some sweet kiddos who I'm already loving to pieces :)  How is your year going? How many kiddos do you have, and what grade do you teach?? Leave me a comment and let me know!

This year we decided to do some Pete the Cat activities and my kiddos LOVE him! There have been a few times where it has been crazy, but if I pull out a Pete the Cat book they are ALL ready to listen!! Last year I downloaded the author reading "I Love my White Shoes", "Rocking in my School Shoes" and "Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons." My class LOVES them! The author, Eric Litwin, does a fantastic job and sings Pete's songs. You can find them on the Harper Collins' website and it is definitely worth it!

We also used Rocking in my School Shoes and did a little tour around our school as Pete visits new places in the school. Our whole kindergarten made a "Back to School" bulletin board. We had our kiddos cut out a basic shoe and write their names on them. They also made a basic shape Pete the Cat! We found this idea on Pinterest here!

Here is the final product!!
If you are doing any Pete the Cat activities, please leave me a link so I can check them out!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Heather! I found your cute blog through the Guess the Teacher giveaway over at the 3am Teacher! I was browsing your social media, and saw that your instagram button link on the sidebar is incorrect. It links to instagram.com/#berrysweetteachertreats. After I realized that, I was able to remove the hashtag, and it was all better! Just wanted to let you know! :)

    ReplyDelete